- Get ready for registration
Let's get you ready
- View your registration time through Banner Self-Service by selecting the Check Registration Status link under the heading Registration from the Student Servics/Student Accounts menu. Pro-tip: your registration time is based on completed/earned credit hours.
- Check DegreeWorks to do a self-audit on what you have accomplished so far and what you might still need to complete. The system also provides course recommendations. Pro-tip: make sure you are completing your General Education and pre-major requirements first as they tend to open up courses later in your program.
- Review any notes and suggestions from your academic advisor in Connect and also take a moment to reflect on your career goals and how classes might relate.
- Strategize how you want to balance classes with work, campus activities, and other life obligations. Schedule Wizard will help inform your ideas around time management.
- The "15 to Finish" Goal - did you know that your tuition is the same for fall and spring sememsters whether you take 12 credits or 18 credits? Summer courses have a different price structure. In order to stay on track to graduate on time with the least amount of student debt possible we recommend trying for 15 credit hours per semester. Pro-tip: your advisor is an expert in helping to guide you through the long term academic planning process. Use them!
- Develop your back up plans. Sometimes life just gets in the way of good planning! Take a moment to craft multiple plans of action just in case you are faced with a barrier. A couple strategies might include having a list of courses that interest you, thinking through how you might rebalance your life if your schedule turns out other than expected, or maybe considering 1 and 2 credit hour courses offered during half-terms.
- Meet with your advisor before the rush of students! Don't wait until registration week if you are in need of assistance or require registration approval. Advisors and Peer Advisors are available throughout the year to help you maxmize your time. Pro-tip: to reiterate...don't wait! If you need to meet with an advisor, get started super early!