The UNC Charlotte Advisor Institute is a professional development program open to all faculty and staff advisors and student support professionals. The Institute strives to create and maintain a common culture of advising at UNC Charlotte.
AAIT (Academic Advising Improvement Team) Monthly Meetings
Everyone in the UNC Charlotte Advising Community is welcomed to attend, no RSVP needed!
Dates for 2022 - 2023 Academic Year (location/log on information will be provided closer to event)
- August 26, 2022 10 - 11:30 am (if needed, will be by Zoom)
- September 16, 2022 10 - 11:30 am
- October 21, 2022 10 - 11:30 am
- November 18, 2022 10 -11:30 am
- December 8, 2022 9am - 2pm ADVISOR INNOVATION RETREAT!
- January 20, 2023 10 - 11:30 am (tent)
- February 17, 2023 10 - 11:30 am
- March 17, 2023 10 - 11:30 am
- April 21, 2023 10 - 11:30 am
- ** May 19, 2023 - hold for annual Advisor Summit **
Fall Registrar's Forum
- More Information to come, please check back at start of fall 2022 term!
Advisor Institute Professional Development Series
These professional development sessions are open to all advisors (faculty, staff, secondary, etc.) and student support professionals. The sessions are designed to be participatory and collaborative, with opportunities for small-group and case study discussions. Please check back often for new opportunities
- Time: 1:30 - 3:30 pm
- Location: Viritual, link will be sent out to those who enroll a few days before session
- More information coming soon! Typically the summer reading program will meet 2 - 3 times over the course of the summer to discuss the book.
Additional Campus Opportunities for Academic Advisors
The Advisor Institute recognizes that opportunities for professional development can often be found throughout campus by different offices or departments. Posted below are a small sampling that the Institute feels will continue to improve the education and scope of advising professionals on campus. Please note the events listed below are not hosted by the Advisor Institute and may require advance registration.
Green Dot Bystander Training
- September 21st (2:00 pm)
- October 12th (10:00 am)
To register for Technology Trainings on CONNECT, EAB, etc., please go to Technology Training.
Tell us what you think
Do you have ideas for new Advisor Institute professional development sessions? Use our suggestion box to submit your proposal.
We welcome your feedback and suggestions.